As a result of the feedback we received from our community, the main theme of this release is performance and stability improvement. The app is now faster and lighter 🚀
Join our forum and share your experience - captures and screen recordings are welcomed!
Join our Alpha Users Mailing List to be notified about the next release!
- Schema validations - validate local store data when upgrading the app, and reset to default on failure
- Analyzer's color picker - click on the color indicator and pick a new color
- High-level analyzers inline documentation
- All application main menu items are now also available on the top menu bar
- New user feedback dialog - Draw on screen to suggest an idea or select a region to mark a bug
- data table infrastructure - Elasticsearch was a constant pain, mainly for Windows users. We replaced it with a faster and more stable DB (RocksDB). Cmd/ctrl+click on a graph result was removed temporarily. The data table currently supports only Async Serial, I2C and SPI. We'll add the rest of the analyzers soon.
- Terminal - Faster and lighter (CPU wise) streaming of analyzer results. Async serial, SPI and I2C output looks great now :)
- Digital trigger performance improved significantly and we can now keep up with most 10MHz signals
- Analyzers are now 5-10X faster - we can keep up with most 10MHz signals
- Digital edges snapping threshold was reduced to support dense data
- App size was reduced by half (!)
- High-level analyzers - restore position and name correctly, when launching the app, loading a file or restarting a capture
- Hard crash in analyzers was fixed
- Analyzers - keep settings correctly between runs
- Data management - Redux was replaced with MobX to improve app stability and performance
- Fixed crash when analyzer result tooltip includes a very long text
- Disable zoom in/out keyboard shortcuts in text areas
- Feedback dialog was randomly causing the CPU usage to jump to 100%