Bug Report - Logic 2.3.41 and Newer Fails to Launch
We have detailed known workarounds to this issue below:
- Update your GPU Driver
- Launch Logic 2 from the command line with the --disable-gpu argument.
Some Background Info
This is potentially caused by older graphics drivers / hardware on your PC.
The error message may also appear as follows in the app upon launch:
"Error Message: Unable to detect WebGL"
List of GPUs that have been reported to show this issue. Version 2.3.40 launches successfully in all cases.
- AMD Radeon HD 5450 - #66649 (2.3.40 works, 2.3.41 fails to launch)
- AMD Radeon HD 6450 - #66775 (2.3.40 works, 2.3.41 fails to launch)
- AMD Radeon HD 6450 - #67434 (2.3.40 works, 2.3.44 fails to launch)
- ATI Radeon HD 4550 - reported via chat support (note: 2.3.38 works, 2.3.42 fails to launch)
- AMD Radeon HD 7300 - #66974 (2.3.40 works, 2.3.43 fails to launch)
- AMD FirePro V4900 - #67021 (2.3.40 works, 2.3.43 fails to launch)
- AMD Radeon HD 7000 - #67381 (2.3.40 works, 2.3.44 fails to launch)
Other potentially unrelated issues
- Currently updating GPU. Will update us on results - #67380 (2.3.44 crashes consistently, --disable-gpu somewhat helps curb the crashes, but not entirely)
- Nvidia Quadro T2000 (max-Q) - #64127 (Sw launches, but getting WebGL error when using --disable-gpu. Fails to launch without --disable-gpu)
Activity Newest / Oldest
Solution #1: does not work
Solution #2: does not work
Solution #3: does not work
Logic 1.x is working
OS: Windows 10 (Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.2251)
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Driver: NVIDIA, Driver Date: 23.11.2022, Driver Version: 126.96.36.19927
"I tried to install your Logic Software 2.3.44 on Win10 x64 but it didn’t show any window. Only 2 processes “Logic” were running and nothing else.
After that I uninstalled the software and tried to use an older version. The last properly running version on my system is 2.3.40. All newer versions have the same problem not showing any window, only a running process. "
"Logic 2.3.44 does not load properly on my Windows 10 computer, it will eventually show 5 active processes. I have updated the Windows C++ redistributable 2015-2022 version 14.30.30708 to the latest."
"It appears that the AMD graphics card is probably the issue, Version 2.3.40 works fine."
"The screen then went to the black screen and displayed the line
“Your graphics card does not support WebGL. For information Click here”
Note that I tried the two links (for checking WebGL v1 and WebGL v2) in the last link you provided below and it had a check followed by a statement that my browser does support it.
I also copied the installation package to another computer with a AMD FirePro W5100 (FireGL V) Graphics Adapter and got similar results. "
"My development machine is an older Windows 7 Pro with two NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 GPUs with 4 Utra High monitors. I do development and debugging on this machine. What do you suggest?"
"I can't start Logic 2.3.38. I have the error message "your graphic card does not support WebGL". Nevertheless, Both WebGL V1 and V2 are supported by my web browser. The tip "-disable-gpu" doesq not work. My computer is a ZBook core i7 vPRO. My graphic card is Nvidia Quadro T2000 (max-Q)."
"My problem is, Logic 2.x software is not running on my PC, because it said: "Your graphic card does not support WebGL", but if I try running some WebGL 2.0 demo from browser, That's working.
My system is (a little oldie, but goldie :)):
My question is: What types of nVidia cards support Logic 2.x software officially?"
"I checked my remote computer and I have support for WebGL v1 but not v2. From what I understand, support for both are required. So that would explain the lack of an interface. I guess I will have to remain with Logic v1."
"I just downloaded the latest video driver.
The WebGL test reports WebGL v1 support but not V2.
I am running Win10 PRO 64 bit -- see below