Users have recently reported that channel names sometimes do not get saved when saving settings as a Preset.
We unfortunately cannot reproduce the issue. If you are experiencing this issue, please let us know! Video evidence would also be extremely helpful.
For video reference, here is our attempt at reproducing the issue (we couldn't reproduce it):
It looks like we were able to reproduce the issue following comment #60560 below:
MacOS successful reproduction (towards end of video): vimeo.com/552611502
- Note: this is not the exact same issue as in #60560, since the user reported that the channel names would reset upon re-enabling the channel. This wasn't the case here. In our case, the channel names reset upon closing and re-opening the sw. We logged this anyways in case this is related
"The issue is the Channel names. I changed the names of all channels. As you can see the default names are coming up for you. After three or 4 loads along with running and stopping a recording they come up.
So the issue is the channel preset names are not loading on the first attempt."
"With the new version of Logic 2, I can save a preset, but the names for the channels are lost. That is very annoying, to type again 16 channels with new names !"
For the moment I am not able to say if I am doing anything special... just open Saleae (analyser already plugged), load preset and sometimes the channel names are loaded, sometimes not. When not, I have to rename channels and replace the preset.
Configuration: WIN10, Saleae 2.3.27, Logic Pro 8, 6 digital channels enabled, SPI analyzer
"SW forget the channel name, even if set and saved as preset, after a while, if the channel is not used, when reactivated both the name and the voltage scale is reset"
"I could reproduce it the following way:
1. Start logic SW
2. Load saved preset (CH A0-A5, 12.5MS/s, 8GB buffer, specific names for each channel) (added in the mail)
3. Begin acquisition, leave it until memory buffer full. – all fine (max sample is at 12.5MS/s)
4. Disable three or more channels, increase the sample to max (50MS/s)
5. Begin new acquisition, leave it until memory buffer full. – all fine
6. Enable one or more of the disabled channels
7. The new enabled channels now have the naming removed and are back to Channel x
By following the above, the problem will appear after a while, but quite often"
"Hello, when I use Logic 2.3.26 and save preset, next time when I load the preset or restart the Logic, only Analog channel names are restored and all digital are back to ChannelXX names. Eg. I use 16 digital channels and 2 of them display as analog too. After restart it remembers only the names on 2 analog channels. Could you look at it, please?"
"I am using the latest alpha release 2.3.26.
When I restart, the channel names are lost. Even when I try to save these in a preset, the preset reloads everything except the channel names. What can I do?"
"- A video of the problem (showing all the steps you took to reproduce it)
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it today, I did install the latest version last week however.
- Is the issue reproducible 100% of the time by following the steps shared above and in your video?
Yes, it was 100%. Even saving and loading it to and from a preset did not restore the names. The names were OK in the preset file though. Looks like a loading problem.
- Did you also happen to have any other Saleae logic analyzer connected to your PC at the time? If so, what model were they?
No, only 1 Saleae."
"I know now how to reproduce it:
* Give the channels a name
* Enable/disable some channels in the channel selection
* Move some channels up or down
* Start again: channel names are lost"
"All channels are named in the preset. But when loading the preset, only some of the names are restored. I tried renaming all the channels and updating the preset; this did not help. Making a completely separate new preset does work, however."
From another idea post, currently unpublished:
"Has this been fixed? Else voting up. Have been adding the names to each channel the x15th time now. Starting to piss me off :o)
Hi. I did the following
1. Change channel names.
2. Save a preset
3. Turn of Logic2 (2.3.26)
4. Start Logic2
5 Load preset
Channel names still Channel 2.... saved names not loaded
Sorry for late reply, super busy at work those days.
Im using Logic Pro 16 on Lenovo T15p Windows 10 PC.
This seems to be working now for some reason just when I was about to make video for you.
Will make video when I see this again.
Thanks for superb support.