Saleae Ideas

Vote for your favorite ideas, or suggest new ones! (new feature expectations)

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Delete regions in capture

It would be great to simply remove unrelevant regions from captured data by simply marking (set marker or just mouse drag) it and hit DEL. It should leave the timebase intact, so the deleted portions will leave timegaps in it. So one can focus on relevant parts of the signals

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Software Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support decoding SPI in Byte or Frame mode

Currently SPI protocol analyzer only seems to capture single bytes on the SPI bus. It would be useful to be able to capture the whole frame (=from chip select to deselect). In this case, only frame start timestamp would be necessary.

So if exported data now looks like this:
    Time [s],Packet ID,MOSI,MISO
    70.337110600000003,813,0x81,0x80
    70.337135720000006,814,0x81,0x31
    70.337162719999995,815,0xA4,0x31
    70.337190199999995,816,0x81,0x31

It would look like this instead.

Time [s],Packet ID,MOSI,MISO
    70.337110600000003,123,81-81-A4-81,80-31-31-31

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Protocol Analyzers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Counter

Several signals I am analyzing require a count of rising or falling edges.

Having a simple "Counter" protocol analyzer would be very helpful.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Protocol Analyzers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offer Linux builds for ARM, ARM64, and POWER

We don't use x86 in our lab environment, instead we use Linux on a variety of other architectures including ARM and POWER. Furthermore, the analyzer software is not open source, so we cannot recompile it to work within our lab environment.

Can you please provide Linux builds of your software for the following architectures?

armel (ARM 32-bit)
    armhf (ARM 64-bit)
    ppc64el (POWER8+)

Even unsupported builds would be greatly appreciated -- without them, we're probably going to have to use and start improving the existing WIP open source replacement for your software.

Thanks!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Software Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Continuous Trigger

I would like to see a continuous trigger mode, like you would find on an oscilloscope.

I don't need to have each triggered event saved separately, I would just like to see it displayed.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Software Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow the screen background color to be changed.

The dark background looks nice, but when sent to a laser printer via screen capture, it wastes tons of toner, and is hard to see.
    Please allow the background color to be customized, along with the trace color.

(go download the zero_plus logic analyzer program, and look at what they have implemented)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A signal pulse analyzer to see list of: pulses' duty, duty cycle, frequency, etc.

Why not consider simple pulses as a protocol? It could be useful to list pulse characteristics as duty, duty cycle, frequency, period and others as a decoder and to see that values over the trace. It could be another idea to see the pulse number in order to count them.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Protocol Analyzers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add udevadm control --reload to the install_driver.sh

After installing the udev rule the

sudo udevadm control --reload

command needs to be executed to parse the installed udev rule properly. This would spare a reboot cycle for the users, and it might spare some investigation time. Simply append it to the install_driver.sh file and

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Software Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add coloring option to the analyzer SDK's GenerateBubbleText method

It would be nice if the analyzers could colorize the bubbles output. Please add an additional optional argument to the GenerateBubbleText method to be able to do this. I am unsure if it would break the binary compatibility, but there must be a way to do this. It would be nice to highlight some errors/packets/whatever.

It could be used to solve this idea:
    http://ideas.saleae.com/forums/214303-saleae-ideas/suggestions/6534758-color-code-highlight-i2c-protocol-messages-by-addr

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide links to download earlier software versions

I've found the latest version of the Logic software (1.2.14) to be rather crashy on MacOS 10.11.6, but can't seem to find a link to an older version so I can downgrade and get some work done.

Would be great to be able to revert to the last one I was using successfully.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I3C analyzer support

With the I3c specification now finalized, we need an I3C protocol analyzer

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Inteligent mode for unknown asynchronous capture (serial triggering)

I just purchased this product and it seems nice to analyze known protocols. But (for reengineering) I have to read a specific non standard 30 bit protocol. It would be nice if I could capture something (anything) and tell the software after (by highlight with the mouse) where the frame is I am interested in, or better on which start / stop it has to take care for. Even better or more enhanced, if software by itself sees (intelligent) the repeating pattern (eg. every 30 bit a sequence of whatever (1111111010 in my case).
    If the software can do that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Abilty to change individual trace color

A user should be able to change the color of each trace individually or as a group (ctrl + mouse)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "link" capability to the pulse width measurement types

When using the Minimum/Maximum Negative/Positive pulse width measurement it would be awesome if the user could click on those areas, and the UI would zoom to the specific pulse.

As of today I have to move the ends of the measurements to find the minimum/maximum pulses position a lot of times.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sell your software as a stand-alone product

Sell the software licence as a separate product.

This will allow counterfeit users to legalise their products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New product ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When zooming in, intelligently zoom in on the nearest event to the cursor.

The scroll wheel currently zooms in on the sample under the mouse. When zooming in on a particular event, like a packet, if the packet isn't perfectly centered under the mouse cursor, it will quickly slide away from the cursor and off the screen when zooming in large amounts.

Instead, when zooming in, the software should check to see if there is an event very close to the mouse cursor (i.e. 2 pixels away or closer). If so, the software should zoom in on this event instead of the exact mouse cursor location, so it doesn't end up panning off…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make windows snap when dragging to the edge of the screen

Typically in Windows 7 and on, when you drag a window to the side of the screen, it will "snap" its size to automatically take up half of the screen. For example, you can snap the logic analyzer to the window to the left, and a datasheet or schematic to the right, and they will each take up half the screen.

Also, dragging the window to the top of the screen automatically maximizes it. As someone used to working with windows like this, I'd like the Salae windows to behave this way too. I'm not sure why they don't but…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Software Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show time-of-day on log/in decoded trace

Saleae probes are great for running extended traces. Though the time on the trace and on decoded buses is only relative to the start of the capture -- not much help if you're trying to correlate this to other logs captured on the computer that have timestamps of the current day/time.

Could we include a time-of-day rather than just seconds from start of capture?

E.g. for the bus decoding.. instead of:

Time [s] Packet ID Address Data Read/Write ACK/NAK
    11.3167523 0 0x10 0x01 Write ACK
    11.316798 0 0x10 0x02 Write ACK
    11.3168437 0 0x10 0x02 Write ACK

Could we have:

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support an external clock input

Support an external clock input. Be able to clock data in based on that external clock source. It is ok to still use an internal clock for monitoring all the inputs. However, data would be monitored “as fast as possible” while values are latched specifically based on external clock input transitions.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Software Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base